Dept. of CTVA/CA State University, Northridge
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Department of CTVA: 2018-19 Scholarships and Awards Application
Note: CTVA Scholarships and Awards are open only to Department of CTVA full-time students (including Film Provisional students). The CTVA scholarship application and submission process is done entirely online. We CANNOT accept any applications or supporting files that are not submitted online.
- The deadline to apply for all Dept. of CTVA Scholarships ancd Awards is the end of the day (11:59 pm) on Sunday, March 3, 2019. No late submissions after the deadline will be accepted.
- Incomplete applications that are NOT completed by the deadline will be eliminated from further consideration.
- All Scholarship and Award applicants will be contacted via email no later than MON April 1, 2019 regarding the status of your application.
- ALL Scholarship and Award funds will be disbursed to each student winner's CSUN account by September 1, 2019.
- When you complete the online "APPLICANT INFORMATION FORM", you will be required to upload a current PDF copy of your Degree Progress Report (DPR), a current resume, JPEG photo, and a brief 1-2 paragraph bio.
- For "Financial Needs Based" Scholarships and Awards, you MUST be receiving some form of financial aid that will be verified through the CSUN Financial Aid Office. If you are currently NOT receiving financial aid, please do NOT apply for "Financial Needs Based" scholarships and awards. Students who apply for "Financial Needs Based" Scholarships and Awards will be eliminated from further consideration if it is determined that you do not qualify.
In order to be considered for any individual CTVA Scholarships and Awards, you MUST:
- Complete the online "Applicant Information Form" with ALL required attachments.
- Upload all required attachments for the scholarship(s) and award(s) for which you are applying. You can apply for any and all scholarships and awards that you qualify for. Please do NOT submit to the same scholarship category more than once.
- Read ALL instructions and make sure that you fit the scholarship/award qualifications before applying. Any applicants who do NOT meet the qualifications will be eliminated from further consideration.
You will also need to reference a current copy of your Degree Progress Report (DPR) in order to complete the online "Applicant Information Form".
For individual scholarships requiring text file attachments, we accept ONLY:
MS-Word or PDF.
For individual scholarships requiring media files*, we accept ONLY:
Audio: (.mp3 or .wav)
Graphics: (.jpg, .pdf, or .tif)
Video: (.mov or .mp4)*
* Web link URLs are also acceptable (where noted).
Note: There is a 1 GB max file size restriction on any single file attachment that is uploaded.
For awards and scholarships that are limited to juniors or seniors (for example), the following criteria will be used to determine your class:
- Freshman (0-30 Units completed at the time of application, excluding units in progress)
- Sophomore (30-60 Units completed at the time of application, excluding units in progress)
- Junior (60-90 Units completed at the time of application, excluding units in progress)
- Senior (90 units or more completed at the time of application, excluding units in progress)
Note: In determining whether you qualify for a particular scholarship, units that are currently "in progress" can be used towards your unit total.
The deadline to submit the "Applicant Information Form" and upload the required attachments for the awards and scholarships for which you are applying is 11:59 pm on March 3, 2019. After this date, no other submissions will be accepted. Failure to submit all required materials by the deadline will cause your application to be excluded from scholarship/award consideration.
Before applying for any individual scholarships, pleased complete the "Applicant Information Form" first. Note that you will be required to setup a FREE Submittable.com "User Account" before you can access the "Applicant Information Form". This account can be used to save, login, and complete/view a previously saved online application.
As an alternative login method, you can use your Facebook account login name and password (instead of creating a FREE Submittable.com account).